Got a busy schedule? Need a healthy boost? Portable snacks from your room can keep you going!
1) Shop for groceries on the weekend and the Wednesday Produce Stand at Rand.
2) Prepare portable snacks for the entire week using the following tips:
- Repackage individual servings of snacks like nuts, pretzels, popcorn and dry cereals into plastic baggies.
- Make a tasty trail mix with peanuts, raisins and other dried fruit— Store individual portions in plastic baggies.
- Pack a piece of fruit—apples, pears and bananas come in their own convenient packaging.
- For a protein punch, spread peanut butter on whole-grain bread, crackers or graham crackers and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Clean, chop and package veggies like baby carrots and celery sticks.
- Freeze treats such as grapes and berries in plastic baggies.
- If you have an insulated bag, pack a low-fat yogurt, individual applesauce or fruit cup.