HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
For students with flu-like symptoms click here to request a Sick Meal pick-up.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds in warm water using soap before and after handling food.
- Use the provided utensils for self-service foods.
- As a general rule, purchase fresh raw meat, poultry or fish no more than one to two days before using it. Freeze for longer storage.
- Don't leave perishable foods out more than two hours.
- Cooked food should only sit out for 2 hours. (That means leftover pizza!)
- Keep cold foods cold. Set that fridge at 40°F.
- Don't add fresh food to foods that have been sitting out.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with a flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities.