Creative Campus Innovation Grant Program
The Curb Center at Vanderbilt is pleased to offer its signature Creative Campus Innovation Grant Program, which provides Vanderbilt faculty, staff, and students the opportunity to produce original ideas and harness their creativity as a force for positive social change.
More specifically, our innovation grants fund pilots and projects that—
- support course and curricular innovations, especially those that integrate media, design, creative problem solving and expression with rigorous disciplinary training;
- encourage people to challenge assumptions through serendipitous, out-of-the-ordinary encounters and experiences;
- provoke conversations that bring together unexpected parties and inspire novel approaches to engaging ideas, debates, and problems;
- illuminate extraordinary and everyday creative lives, highlighting the common creative process that threads through artistic, scientific, engineering, entrepreneurial, and design work;
- foster creative problem solving and the capacity of faculty, staff, and students to imagine ideas and lead others in making innovations a reality; and
- create a community of catalysts—faculty, staff, students, and Nashville community members who thrive on making the non-routine happen in their classrooms, research, and work.
2013-2014 Creative Campus Innovation Grantees
The following were chosen from proposals received from faculty, staff, and students, representing nearly all of the colleges and schools at Vanderbilt.
Read more about the conversation here
Who Needs Feminism?
Building Bridges: Vanderbilt TV Series
First episode available here!
VORTEX, Fantastic Creatures, and Tales
Boom Box Bike Intervention
Point/Line: An Interactive Installation
How to Build a Forest
21st Century Memory & Longing
Lorri Anne Parker-Danley
click here to see Lori Anne’s current project: The Identity Sculptures Project
Modernist Visions of Progress
The Kefi Project