- About CTTC
- Invention Disclosure
- News & Events
- Tech Connect
- CTTC MUSE - Blog
- Driving Innovation Forward Newsletter
- Past CTTC Events
Vanderbilt makes nation's Top 100 list for U.S. patents
Jun 12 2014
Vanderbilt University was ranked in the Top 100 Worldwide Universities Granted U.S. Patents, which were compiled and released by the National Academy of Inventors (NAI) and the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO). According to the press release, the purpose of the list is to the important role patents play in university research.
At Vanderbilt, patents are often an important step in moving innovation from lab to market place, which is our primary mission at CTTC. By encouraging and supporting the flow of innovation to the marketplace, we are able to:
- positively impact society with new products, devices, treatments and therapies;
- recognize and reward Vanderbilt staff and students for their innovative work;
- spur economic growth;
- induce collaborations with industry;
- generate revenue for Vanderbilt which supports the university and often feeds back into further research.