- About CTTC
- Invention Disclosure
- News & Events
- Tech Connect
- CTTC MUSE - Blog
- Driving Innovation Forward Newsletter
- Past CTTC Events
Entrepreneur Center Program
|New Ventures||Services||Programs & Workshops||Advisory Council||Portfolio Companies||News & Events||Links & Resources|
Vanderbilt University has taken yet another step forward in cultivating the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of its faculty, staff and students by collaborating with the Nashville Entrepreneur Center (EC) to provide students and other Vanderbilt community members, as well as Vanderbilt-related new ventures, with access to its newly-opened accelerator facilities downtown. As part of an effort in conjunction with the School of Engineering, CTTC is looking to place young companies and new ventures in dedicated Vanderbilt space at the EC - surrounded by young companies and entrepreneurs from throughout the region - to become part of the EC entrepreneurial ecosystem and to leverage the EC’s proven mentorship programming. The EC will provide dedicated training in how a business is conceived, formed, built, scaled up and funded. This training program is designed to enhance the likelihood of success for these new enterprises.
As part of this initiative, CTTC is developing programming, networking and educational events on campus to prepare members of the Vanderbilt community for the trials and tribulations of what it means to be a successful entrepreneur. Some of this programming will be tailored for engineering and other students, and much of it will be generally beneficial to all comers. CTTC expects this partnership with VUSE and the EC will prove to be of considerable value and benefit to VU innovators and entrepreneurs as they navigate the challenges of new venture creation.
Specific objectives of the VU@EC program include:
- Use of shared space at the state-of-the-art EC facility to accelerate the transformation of promising innovations into regional businesses that will benefit society, and enhance company productivity, community and learning.
- An opportunity for Vanderbilt innovators to receive one-on-one mentoring with highly experienced entrepreneurs and executives who have significant experience in new venture development, business startup, entrepreneurship education and a demonstrated history of innovation in high growth industries.
- Access to educational networking events, workshops and lectures relevant to high tech companies in the greater Nashville area that focus on technology commercialization, financing strategies, business development and marketing.
- Opportunity to participate in the EC Accelerator Program; a rapid accelerator focused on helping technology startups build a solid foundation for success in 14 weeks. Created by Michael Burcham, CEO of the EC, this program will provide startups with the essential resources and counsel they need to become successful, self-directed businesses.
- Access to members of the investment community.