School for Science and Math at Vanderbilt
The School for Science and Math draws upon the support, participation, and resources of our surrounding Vanderbilt Community to enhance the education of our high school students. We invite faculty (current and emeritus), staff, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students to interact with our classes.
The School offers both short and long term opportunities for participation, including:
- Presentations of research or core lesson materials
- Hosting laboratory or core resource site visits
- Leading a seminar
- Leading a hands-on laboratory activity
- Leading a discussion or journal club
- Arranging videoconferences with colleagues at other institutions
- Discussing science career opportunities or your career path
- Attending study hall or tutoring a student
- Assisting in community outreach
- Hosting a student in your lab
Are you interested in helping out? Visit our Get Involved page!