THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR FALL 2013 ADMISSION HAS RECENTLY BEEN CHANGED TO DECEMBER 15, 2012. You must complete your application by that day. In order to encourage candidates to use the online application system, Vanderbilt’s Graduate School will waive the application fee for electronic applications.
The electronic application form makes it possible for you to submit the following required materials online:
- A writing sample: applicants for the MFA Program should submit a creative writing sample:
- a fiction manuscript (20 to 25 pages in length) made up of stories or part of a novel, or
- a poetry manuscript (10 to 15 pages in length).
- College transcripts: Applicants are required to attach UNOFFICIAL COPIES of their transcripts to the application. Only admitted applicants will be instructed to submit official and final transcripts (with prior degrees posted) as a condition of enrollment at Vanderbilt.
- A statement of purpose no more than two pages long
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE general test scores
The Vanderbilt English Department requires that you take the GRE aptitude test, but not the GRE subject test. The scores you submit should be no more than five years old. Please use the following codes: Vanderbilt 1871 English Dept 2501.
- Only international applicants need submit TOEFL scores; please use code 1871.