School Day at the Park
For the 2003 baseball season, the Vanderbilt Athletic Department
is starting a program called “School Day at the Park.”
Each school that chooses to participate in this Day will select
a game that can be used to honor its students and/or faculty/staff
for any reason (ex. Perfect Attendance, Honor Roll, Faculty
Appreciation, etc.) All those who are directly related to
the school will be eligible for $1 admission to the game.
The Athletic Department is excited about this new opportunity
to reach children in the Nashville community.
The School Receives:
- All members of the school (students, faculty, and staff)
will be able to purchase a ticket to the selected game for
$1 a piece.
- Public address announcements will be made at the game welcoming
- The principal (or whomever you choose) can throw out the
first pitch of the game (based on availability)
- The school’s chorus can sing the National Anthem (based
- Students (up to a total of 18) may be selected to run on
the field and be announced with the VU players.
- All contest participants will be selected from your school.
(May vary depending on game.)
- School’s mascot can attend the game
- School may determine who will be batboys or batgirls (2
total) for the game.
- Students from school may sing “Take Me Out to the
Ballgame” during the Seventh Inning Stretch.
- An autograph session with the VU Baseball players. (based
* School will be responsible for distributing flyers to all
students at the school informing them of their Day at the