|Graduates – view your Commencement week instructions »||Print the Schedule|
Open Seating - Tickets are not required.
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Commencement — Alumni Lawn — begins for all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools, Chancellor Zeppos confers degrees and addresses the members of the graduating Class of 2014.
Indoor Viewing Areas (see maps)
Showing: Commencement ceremony
The cinema is located in the Sarratt Student Center adjacent to Alumni Lawn. This is an ideal location for guests of Graduate and Professional students who wish to view the main ceremony prior to their graduate’s ceremony. (Seating capacity: 309)
The Old Gym is located at the north end of Alumni Lawn adjacent to West End Avenue. (Seating capacity: 100)
Neely is located on the southeast corner of Alumni Lawn near Rand Hall. (Seating capacity: 298)
Rand Dining Hall
Rand Dining Hall is located on the south end of Alumni Lawn and is connected to the Sarratt Student Center. Screens are located throughout the hall. Food and beverage options are available for purchase.
Brief intermission of Commencement ceremony to allow the graduate and professional candidates and their guests time to leave the main ceremony to go to their designated areas (listed below).
- Divinity School Diploma Ceremony (more info) — Benton Chapel, reception following
- Law School Diploma Ceremony (more info) — Curry Field, reception following
School of Nursing
Diploma Ceremony (more info
) — Branscomb Quadrangle, reception following
- Graduate School Diploma Ceremony (more info) — Magnolia Circle Lawn , reception following
Owen Graduate School of Management
Diploma Ceremony (
) — Student Recreation Center, strawberries and champagne reception following
- Peabody College Diploma Ceremony (more info) — Wyatt Center Lawn, reception following
- School of Medicine Diploma Ceremony (more info) — Langford Auditorium, strawberries and champagne following
Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Strawberries and Champagne – Library Lawn
Reception for Class of 2014 and their guests.
- ROTC Graduation and Commissioning Ceremony — Sarratt Cinema