2012 Commencement Information
Last Year's Key Graduate Information
Commencement is a wonderful and exciting time of the year. Just as nature has embarked on a fresh adventure, so do all of the Vanderbilt graduates of 2012.
August and December 2011 graduates planning to return for the ceremony in May should send us an email to let us know that you will be attending.
Please take some time to explore the various tabs to the left. They give you with tools you need to enjoy a successful Commencement 2012.
Stay up to date with the latest changes by following Commencement online:
- March 12 – Last day to purchase custom Ph.D. or master’s REGALIA (cap and gown) to arrive for Commencement 2012
- April 4 – Last day for students to rentREGALIA (cap and gown)
- April 13 – Final day to order ANNOUNCEMENTS in time for them to arrive before Commencement 2012
- April 20 – Deadline to reserve PRIVATE DINING RECEPTIONSSOLD OUT!
- April 27 – Last day to purchase THE PARTY tickets online
- May 4 – Deadline to reserve rooms for HOUSING AT THE COMMONS
- May 4 – Final day to order BOX LUNCHES for Thursday and Friday of Commencement
- May 12 – Residence halls close for all students at 1 p.m.
- June 15 – Deadline to order COMMENCEMENT DVD
- June 30 – Final day to make your SENIOR GIFT
Regalia Adornment Policy
Please review the University’s Adornment Policy as it relates to regalia (cap and gown) during Commencement.
Requirements for Graduation
All requirements for graduation must have been met before a student may participate or “walk” in the ceremony. There are no exceptions. Students who are unsure whether they have fulfilled all requirements should contact the Office of the University Registrar at (615) 322-7707.
A student completing degree requirements in the summer or fall semester 2012 will be invited to participate in Commencement 2013, tentatively scheduled for May 8-11, 2013.
Sign up TODAY for Commencement alerts via text message. This system will contact you with important updates regarding Commencement. You will not be inundated with messages or spammed. All numbers will be purged following Commencement.
Do you have family or guests coming in from outside the United States that need travel documentation? Request an “Invitation Letter” for Commencement. For more information, please visit the International Student & Scholar Services website.
Senior Class Fund
Our goal is to achieve 40% class participation. Give now!
Mark your calendars for future commencements:
- 2013 — May 8, 9, 10
- 2014 — May 7, 8, 9
- 2015 — May 6, 7, 8
- 2016 — May 11, 12, 13