INFORMATION COMING SOON!
For the 14th year, Vanderbilt will host a big outdoor dance party whose simple name says it all: THE PARTY. This event launches three days of commencement events with live entertainment and a huge dance floor offering a memorable evening of fun and celebration for the whole family.
Check back in November, 2016 for important updates regarding tickets, performers, and more!
- May 10 from 9 p.m. – Midnight - Gates open at 8:30 p.m.
- Commons Center Lawn
- Rain or shine
- Graduates get in free with their VU ID
- Bags may be subject to search. All large backpacks and baggage will need to be checked upon arrival.
- Children 12 years of age and under do not require a ticket.
- Tables will be available for purchase for $200 until TBD (April 2017), (while still available). A table includes admission for 10 guests to enjoy the evening as a group.
- Universal Carding is the law in the State of Tennessee. If you plan to purchase drink tickets for beer, wine or liquor at THE PARTY please remember to bring your ID. Regardless of age, everyone who plans to drink alcoholic beverages will be required to show ID before receiving a wristband which allows guests of legal age to purchase drink tickets and consume alcoholic beverages at THE PARTY.
FAQ about THE PARTY
What is THE PARTY?
Vanderbilt’s community celebration for its graduating students and their families and guests with a huge outdoor dance floor with live entertainment.
Who is invited?
Degree candidates (including undergraduate, graduate and professional school students), their families, friends. Other members of the Vanderbilt Community including friends from the administration, faculty and staff.
When is THE PARTY?
The Wednesday before Commencement, May 11 from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Are tickets required?
Yes, this is the only Commencement event requiring a ticket. All degree candidates will have access to the Party with their Vanderbilt ID. Guest tickets may be purchased the door for $25. Children 12 and under do not require a ticket and will be admitted free of charge.
What is the attire?
No specific requirement. We recommend snappy casual with comfortable shoes for dancing.
Where do I park for THE PARTY?
Several parking lots near The Commons Center Lawn will be available specifically for guests attending this event. Please follow the parking signs.
Can I get a shuttle bus from the parking lots to THE PARTY?
Continuous shuttle service will be provided from the Wesley Place Garage to THE PARTY from 7:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m.
Will alcoholic beverages be served?
Yes. Guests of legal age may purchase drink tickets for use at the cash bars. Wristbands are required for purchase. Be prepared to show photo ID that verifies age at the entry gates in order to receive a wristband. Universal Carding is the law in the State of Tennessee. Regardless of age, everyone who plans to drink alcoholic beverages will be required to show ID before receiving a wristband which allows guests of legal age to purchase drink tickets and consume alcoholic beverages at THE PARTY. Free soft drinks will be available for pickup throughout the event site.
Will there be food?
Yes. Dinner will not be served, but party food will be on hand for light snacking - at no cost.
Where can I find a restroom?
Portable bathroom facilities will be available at the event site. Bathrooms will also be available on the first floor of the Commons Center.
What about disability related needs?
Accessible entrances are available onto the Commons Center lawn on east side of the Commons Center adjacent to Hobbs Lab. There will also be reserved parking for guests with mobility impairments in Lot #84 alongside 18th Ave. South. Please follow the signs.
What happens in case of rain?
THE PARTY will occur outdoors, rain or shine. Sign up for Commencement text alerts to be notified in the event of severe weather. No umbrellas, please.