Home » Order your…
Regalia (Cap and Gown)
Caps and gowns must be worn by all ceremony participants. The deadline to rent your cap and gown is April 3. Rental regalia is the standard for all Vanderbilt ceremonies.
PICK UP – located at the Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt (upper level)
Wednesday, May 8th, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday, May 9th, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
RETURN – located at the Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt
Friday, May 10th, by 3 p.m.
Bachelors return gown only, keep tassel and cap for souvenir. Masters keep tassel and cap, return hood and gown. All Doctors return gown, tam with tassel and hood.
The deadline to RENT regalia and not incur late fees is April 3, 2013.
Graduates wishing to purchase their regalia may do so here.
Herff-Jones is the provider of Vanderbilt University’s official Commencement announcements. Announcements purchased by April 12 will arrive in time to mail before Commencement.
Framing Success is the exclusive provider of Vanderbilt University’s official diploma frames.
As an emblem of your achievements, the Alumni Association is proud to offer the Official Vanderbilt University Class Ring. The ring symbolizes an indelible, tangible connection the Vanderbilt’s past, present and future. It is reserved exclusively for students who have completed at least 60 credit hours and are in good standing with the university, and students in the final year of their professional or graduate degrees. To order your class ring, please visit the Balfour website.
Balfour will be on campus the following dates:
- October 25, 26 and 27, 1-6 p.m., Vanderbilt University Bookstore
- December 4, 5 and 6, 1-6 p.m., Vanderbilt University Bookstore
Relive Commencement Day with an official 2013 Vanderbilt University Commencement DVD. Includes the entire main commencement ceremony on Alumni Lawn and the undergraduate diploma-awarding ceremony. You will see graduates cross the stage in high-resolution, broadcast-quality video shot by a professional multi-camera crew. To order your DVD, please visit Stone Productions’ Vandy Grads site.
- Pre-orders submitted prior to May 10th will be shipped by May 31st.
- Orders submitted after May 10th and prior to the June 14th deadline will be shipped by June 21st.
- The ordering deadline is June 14th.
Proofs of the photograph taken of a student receiving his/her degree will be mailed to the student’s permanent address within a week of Commencement. Follow ordering instructions in the packet or contact Grad Images Photography (1-800-261-2576.) View frequently asked questions »
- May 8 from 9 p.m. – midnight
- Commons Center Lawn
- Rain or Shine
- Tickets are required for admission*
One complimentary ticket will be sent to each graduating student and additional guest tickets may be purchased for $20 each.
* Children 12 years of age and under do not require a ticket.
- More information about THE PARTY
One complimentary ticket will be sent to all degree candidates with their Commencement Handbook. Additional tickets may be purchased for $20 online until April 26, or at the door the night of the show.
Housing at the Commons
The Vanderbilt University Office of Conferences is offering on campus housing during the 2013 Commencement activities.
Commencement guests will have the opportunity to stay in Hank Ingram House, the newest and one of the most beautiful, state-of-the-art residence halls on campus. Nightly rates are only $99 per night, single or double occupancy. Rooms are available for the nights of May 8, 9 and 10, 2013. There is no minimum stay required. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The Hank Ingram House is fully ADA compliant. View more information about Housing at the Commons.
The reservation deadline is May 3, 2013.
For $10, Vanderbilt Dining is offering a box lunch to graduates and guests on Thursday after the Senior Day Speaker and on Friday after the Commencement Ceremonies. Pre-ordered boxed lunches may be picked up in the Rand Hall Dining Center from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.
- Meat Option: Roast Turkey and Swiss on Pretzel Bread (Lettuce, Tomato, Mustard and Mayo)
- Vegetarian Option: Grilled Spring Vegetable Spinach Wrap with Herbed Cream Cheese
- Whole Fruit, Pasta Salad, Potato Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Commemorative Chocolate Coin
- Meat Option: BBQ Chicken and Chipotle Wrap (Lettuce, Cheddar Cheese and BBQ sauce)
- Vegetarian Option: Mediterranean Spinach Wrap (Hummus Tabouli, Feta and Mesculin Greens)
- Whole Fruit, Five Bean Salad, Sun Chips, Brownie, Commemorative Chocolate Coin
Lunches include a beverage of your choice: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or bottled water.
The reservation deadline is May 3, 2013.
Looking for a way to celebrate Commencement with family and friends? Worried about long waits at restaurants, the hassle of sitting in Commencement traffic, or dealing with logistics? Instead, spend more time celebrating and let us take care of the planning for you!
- Avoid long waits at restaurants.
- You are already on campus!
- Avoid the hassle of sitting in post-Commencement traffic.
- Spend less time planning and more time celebrating!
- Award-winning catering.
- Host a reception with your friends!
- No need to worry about ordering food, décor, and organization event logistics. We’ve already taken care of the details for you!
For package pricing and information, please click here.
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions.
The reservation deadline is April 19. For more information, please email email@example.com or call (615) 936-5969.
Order copies of the Commencement Program and just pay for postage. (Availability varies by year.)
Commodore Yearbook and Parent Congratulatory Ads
We are now taking orders for the 2012-13 Commodore Yearbook and Parent Congratulatory Ads to appear in the yearbook.
Simply visit The Commodore Yearbook to place your order and also order your Parent Congratulatory Ad. You will also find information throughout the year on yearbook and resume portrait dates and times for your student to take their Yearbook/Resume portraits.
NEW THIS YEAR! We are also inviting parents, families, students, faculty, staff and Vanderbilt community members to submit photos of Vandy events that they attend to our Scrapbook section. If you are attending events on campus such as Move-in Weekend, Homecoming, Parent and Family Weekend, Rites of Spring, Commencement or just making a family visit on a quiet weekend, we hope to include your photos in the yearbook.
Please let us know if you have any questions about placing your order or about the yearbook in general. We may be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 615-343-3064.