Before You Arrive
Checklist for Parents
- Commencement Handbook
- Tickets for THE PARTY
- Airline tickets
- Hotel confirmation
- Dress in light colors as May can be hot and muggy
- Rain jacket
- Comfortable shoes (walking with heels on the lawn and in gym can be difficult)
- Lightweight sport coat
- Sunglasses and hats
- General Items
- Print maps of campus and shuttles
- Prohibited items: umbrellas on Alumni Lawn (due to safety concerns and the obstruction of sight lines), noisemakers, balloons.
- Check weather.com for forecast
- Subscribe to Commencement text alerts for weather/location updates straight to your cell phone
- Stay up to date: Check the website, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and “like” us on Facebook
Checklist for Students
- Order your cap and gown by April 8 midnight deadline.
- Order announcements by April 15 so you have plenty of time for them to arrive and be mailed.
- Make sure you have no outstanding expenses/tickets on your accounts.
- Download ceremony instructions and charts by May 2nd.
- Subscribe to Commencement text alerts for weather/location updates.
- Stay up to date: Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and “like” us on Facebook
August and December 2015 Graduates
- If you are planning on returning for the ceremony in May, email us to let us know you will be attending and to make sure the address we have on file is correct.