Families and Guests
Welcome, Parents and Families!
We look forward to welcoming you to the Vanderbilt campus for the events of Commencement. Our celebration takes place May 11-13, 2016.
All family members and guests are welcome at all Commencement-related events. If you or a member of your party need any disability assistance, we can help. Visit “Guests with Special Needs” or call (615) 322-4705.
Stay up to date with the latest changes by following Commencement online:
Know Before You Go
- No umbrellas are allowed during the ceremony
- Book your accommodations as early as possible - GO
- No tickets are required for any ceremony (THE PARTY is the only ticketed event - GO)
- Take care of any disabled guest needs - GO
- Remember to bring your Commencement Handbook with you (mails in mid-February)
- Undergraduate degrees will be awarded at the main ceremony, all other Graduate/Professional degrees will be awarded at individual ceremonies across campus
- Indoor viewing areas are setup around Alumni Lawn for overflow, those sensitive to the weather or children - GO
- Senior Day:
- Business casual or nicer
- Men usually usually wear business casual or suits
- Women usually wear sun dresses or skirts. High-heeled shoes are discouraged because of walking on grass (especially in wet weather conditions).
- Senior Day:
- April 8 – Last day to order REGALIA (cap and gown) to arrive for Commencement 2016
- April 15 – Final day to order ANNOUNCEMENTS in time for them to arrive before Commencement 201
- April 26 – Deadline to reserve PRIVATE DINING RECEPTIONS
- May 6 – Last day to purchase THE PARTY tickets online
- May 6 – Final day to order VANDERBILT VALUE MEALS for Thursday and Friday of Commencement
- May 10 – Deadline to reserve rooms for ACCOMMODATIONS AT THE COMMONS
- May 14 – Residence halls close for all students at 1 p.m.
- June 15 – Deadline to order COMMENCEMENT DVD
- June 30 - Final day to make your SENIOR GIFT
Are you coming to Commencement from outside the United States and need travel documentation? Request an “Invitation Letter” for Commencement. For more information, please visit the International Student & Scholar Services website.