Commencement is a wonderful and exciting time of the year. Just as nature has embarked on a fresh adventure, so do all of the Vanderbilt graduates of 2015.
August and December 2014 graduates planning to return for the ceremony in May should send us an email to let us know that you will be attending.
Please take some time to explore the various tabs across the top of the page. They give you with tools you need to enjoy a successful Commencement 2015.
Stay up to date with the latest changes by following Commencement online:
Know Before You Go
- Order your regalia by April 10th to avoid late fees – GO
- Confirm your permanent address with the University Registrar’s office – GO
- Take care of any University fees before May 1st – GO
- Undergraduate degrees will be awarded at the main ceremony, all other Graduate/Professional degrees will be awarded at individual ceremonies across campus. May graduates will receive their diploma when crossing the stage (provided your student account is clear).
- No adornments are allowed on your caps; honors regalia must be pre-approved (view Adornment Policy) – GO
- Pick up your regalia on the Wednesday or Thursday the week of Commencement @ Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt
- Be at Alumni Lawn on May 8th by 8:25am to receive your official name card and line up
- Senior Day:
- Business casual or nicer
- Men usually usually wear khakis/slacks and a button-down shirt (often with a tie)
- Women usually wear dresses and non-high heel shoes due to walking on grass.
- Senior Day:
- April 3 – Last day to purchase custom Ph.D. or master’s REGALIA (cap and gown) to arrive for Commencement 2015
- April 10 – Last day for students to rent REGALIA (cap and gown)
- April 10 – Final day to order ANNOUNCEMENTS in time for them to arrive before Commencement 2015
- April 17 – Deadline to reserve PRIVATE DINING RECEPTIONS
- April 24 – Last day to purchase THE PARTY tickets online
- May 1 – Deadline to reserve rooms for ACCOMMODATIONS AT THE COMMONS
- May 1 – Final day to order BOX LUNCHES for Thursday and Friday of Commencement
- May 9 – Residence halls close for all students at 1 p.m.
- June 12 – Deadline to order COMMENCEMENT DVD
- June 30 – Final day to make your SENIOR GIFT
Regalia Adornment Policy
Please review the University’s Adornment Policy as it relates to regalia (cap and gown) during Commencement.
Requirements for Graduation
All requirements for graduation must have been met before a student may participate or “walk” in the ceremony. There are no exceptions. Students who are unsure whether they have fulfilled all requirements should contact their respective school registrar.
A student completing degree requirements in the summer or fall semester 2015 will be invited to participate in Commencement 2016, tentatively scheduled for May 11-13, 2016.
Sign up TODAY for Commencement alerts via text message. This system will contact you with important updates regarding Commencement. You will not be inundated with messages or spammed. All numbers will be purged following Commencement.
Do you have family or guests coming in from outside the United States that need travel documentation? Request an “Invitation Letter” for Commencement. For more information, please visit the International Student & Scholar Services website.
Senior Class Fund
This year, our goal is to achieve 75% (approx. 1,200 senior donors) class participation by graduation. Give now!
Mark your calendars for future commencements:
- 2016 — May 11, 12, 13
- 2017 — May 10, 11, 12
- 2018 --- May 9, 10, 11
- 2019 --- May 8, 9, 10