Message from the Interim Dean
The College of Arts and Science at Vanderbilt University is a highly selective liberal arts college at the heart of a major research university. It seeks to attract a diverse student body of high promise and ability from throughout the United States and the international community. Its mission is to engage in significant and innovative research, scholarship, and creative expression in the humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences, to offer distinguished, well-taught programs of undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and sciences, and to foster service to society overall.
Arts & Science in the News
- NSF grants for Sociology, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- New faculty: Disney explores role of neurotransmitters in attention
- Leadership, diversity, academic talent define newest Vanderbilt class
- New University Faculty 2014-15
- Are the world’s religions ready for E.T.?
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ‘Lawmakers’ website grades members of Congress for effectiveness; launch set for October 14 at National Press Club
- Negative political ads focus of October (Lunch) Box talk
- Writer James McBride to present the 2014 Harry Howard Lecture