Message from the Dean
I arrived at Vanderbilt on July 1 with great excitement, eager to begin my work as dean of the College of Arts and Science. The days since have flown by as we prepare for the return of students in a few short weeks.
I feel a special affinity with our first-year students. Like them, I’m starting a new, exhilarating chapter in my life; like them, I’m honored and thrilled to be joining a diverse and vibrant community at one of the world’s great universities.
In the days ahead, I want to engage that community—alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students—in building on our existing strengths and exploring new initiatives in learning, teaching, research and creative expression. Together we will forge an even more dynamic College of Arts and Science.
Arts & Science in the News
- Civil rights focus of new John L. Seigenthaler Chair at Vanderbilt
- History of Art scholar organizes meeting in Greece on ancient water use
- Eight Vanderbilt researchers named ‘Inspiring Women in STEM’
- Courses on Vietnam, Woody Allen films part of fall MLAS curriculum
- TIP SHEET: Mental health and society expert can comment on Holmes sentence
- Sloop named associate provost for digital learning
- Milky Way filled with wandering stars
- When being an immigrant makes it more–not less–likely to have a job
- Vanderbilt hosts symposium and exhibition on traditional Chinese architecture
- Stassun appointed to A&S administrative role