The College of Arts and Science at Vanderbilt University is a highly selective liberal arts college at the heart of a major research university. It seeks to attract a diverse student body of high promise and ability from throughout the United States and the international community. Its mission is to engage in significant and innovative research, scholarship, and creative expression in the humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences, to offer distinguished, well-taught programs of undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and sciences, and to foster service to society overall.
Arts & Science in the News
- When being an immigrant makes it more–not less–likely to have a job
- Vanderbilt hosts symposium and exhibition on traditional Chinese architecture
- Stassun appointed to A&S administrative role
- Vanderbilt astronomer jazzed by Pluto flyby
- Vanderbilt researcher: It’s time for civil service reform
- A little jolt helps the brain get back on track