The College of Arts and Science at Vanderbilt University is a highly selective liberal arts college at the heart of a major research university. It seeks to attract a diverse student body of high promise and ability from throughout the United States and the international community. Its mission is to engage in significant and innovative research, scholarship, and creative expression in the humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences, to offer distinguished, well-taught programs of undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and sciences, and to foster service to society overall.
Arts & Science in the News
- New model of cosmic stickiness favors “Big Rip” demise of universe
- Hillyer receives parasitology medal
- TIPSHEET: Focus on Confederate symbols is misguided, says Vanderbilt professor
- Creating bacterial ‘fight clubs’ to discover new drugs
- Vanderbilt expert can explain modern white nationalism in the U.S.
- Vanderbilt experts can provide context on black church history and significance, mass shootings and mental health