Welcome to Vanderbilt!
It is a pleasure to have you on campus to connect with Vanderbilt students.
Directions to Campus
Vanderbilt is located a mile and a half southwest of downtown Nashville and is approximately four hours away from Atlanta, three hours from Birmingham, Louisville and Memphis, and two and one-half hours from Knoxville.
Getting to Vanderbilt via the Interstates
- From the north, take I-65 to I-40 west and then look for I-40 east to exit 209B. Turn right on Broadway.
- From the east or south, take I-40 west to exit 209A. Turn left on Broadway.
- From the west, take I-40 east to exit 209B. Turn right on Broadway (US 70S). Follow Broadway and veer right to West End Avenue.
Getting to the Vanderbilt Student Life Center from Nashville International Airport
The Student Life Center is located at 310 25th Avenue South. In typical traffic you should allow approximately 30 minutes driving time from the airport to campus.
- Take I-40 west to exit 209A - Broadway.
- Turn left onto Broadway.
- Follow Broadway and keep right onto West End Avenue.
- Turn left onto 25th Avenue.
- Continue on 25th through the 3-way stop. The Student Life Center will be on your left, just after the stop.
- Turn left onto Garland Avenue, then immediately left again to access the driveway in front of the building.
Please note: the driveway is for active loading/unloading. Visitor parking is available in the 25th Avenue Garage, as outlined below.
Parking on Campus
Student Life Center
Visitors should use the 25th Avenue Garage for parking when visiting the Center for Student Professional Development and the Student Life Center.
(Click image to enlarge.)
- From West End, turn onto 25th Avenue.
- Proceed through the 3-way stop, past the Student Life Center (on your left).
- At the traffic light, turn left onto Highland Avenue.
- The entrance to the 25th Avenue Garage will be on your right. Park in any of the available spaces in the “Pay Parking” areas.
Pay stations, located near the elevators, accept cash and major credits.
Rates: $2/hr, $5 after 4 p.m., $10 daily maximum
Other Parking Locations
The Office of Traffic and Parking website has additional maps showing all visitor parking on campus.
A number of hotels adjacent to the Vanderbilt campus offer negotiated rates to Vanderbilt visitors.
The following hotels are located within a few blocks of the main campus. Be sure to mention “Vanderbilt’ when making your reservations.
Courtyard by Marriott
Hampton Inn Vanderbilt West End
Holiday Inn Vanderbilt
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel
Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt
To view additional hotel options, visit the Vanderbilt Travel page.
Dining & Catering
Vanderbilt Campus Dining offers a number of diverse dining options across the Vanderbilt campus.
Located on the first floor of the Student Life Center/Branscomb, Ro*Tiki, an island-themed quick-service restaurant serving chef-crafted wraps, paninis, pizza, sandwiches, tacos and salads.
Grins Vegetarian Cafe in the Schulman Center (attached to the Student Life Center) offers wraps, salads, paninis, and baked goods with a Kosher-certified kitchen.
Rand Dining Center
Rand Dining Center and Rand Lounge, located in Sarratt Student Center (behind the Student Life Center), offer a variety of choices including Mediterranean and Asian foods, build-your-own salad, brick oven pizza and more.
View additional Campus Dining locations.
A number of nearby dining locations are available, many within walking distance to the Student Life Center.
Catering Your Event
Vanderbilt Campus Dining is the preferred caterer for all events held on campus.
- Campus Catering offers hot and cold beverages, boxed lunches, pizza and desserts. View menu.
- Vanderbilt Catering provides full-service catering offering everything from heavy hors d'oeuvre to served meals. View menu.
To inquire about catering for your event or to place a catering order, contact:
For additional catering options, please contact the front desk at 615-322-2750.