Home > Photo Submission
Vanderbilt contracts Magnolia Press Publications to collect new students’ photos for the Commodore Card in conjunction with the Newcomer project. The Newcomer is the University’s annual publication of photos and biographical information about the new student class.
Each new student will receive a request by mail in May with instructions to submit a photo to be used for the Commodore Card and the Newcomer.
- Your entire head and shoulders must be visible
- You must be facing forward looking directly into the camera
- You must have a plain, light colored background
- No other people or objects may be in the photo
- You must not have anything touching your face such as hands, props or other distractions
- You must not make any gestures or inappropriate facial expressions
- You may not wear a hat or sunglasses
- You may not wear jewelry or garments that obstruct the view of your face
- This photo will also appear in YES and will be visible to your professors
- Vanderbilt Card Services reserves the right to determine any photo as being inappropriate
The photo will be uploaded to YES in August - so prior to this time you should not expect to view your photo online.
For more information regarding photo submission, please contact Magnolia Press directly at (615) 322-6610 or firstname.lastname@example.org