Teaches You to Lead
Army ROTC (Reserve Officers Training Corps) is one of the best leadership courses in the country and is part of your college curriculum. During classes, leadership labs, physical training and field training exercises, you will learn firsthand what it takes to lead others, motivate groups and conduct missions as an Officer in the Army. Upon graduation from Army ROTC, you will earn the bar of a Second Lieutenant and be commissioned into the Active Army, Army Reserve or Army National Guard and become a leader for life.
Scholarships are competitive. Eligibility requirements include:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army
Army officers reflect the best of America and the most competitive applicants exhibit traits of scholar, athlete, and leader.
- Scholar: National Honor Society, Honors and Advance Placement Courses, GPA over 3.0, Top 10% of Class, SAT/ACT over 1100/24
- Athlete: Varsity Letters from school team, member of regional, city, or competitive league, organized competitive team sports, individual athletic competitions
- Leader: Elective member of student government or class, Captain of academic team, position of responsibility in a school, club, or volunteer organization
- An eight-year service commitment with the Army
- Serve full time in the Army for four years and four years with the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR)
- Selected Cadets may choose to serve part time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career
Scholarship Application On Line
If you are applying for a scholarship, you first will need to create a MY GOARMY account. Once you create an account, you will be sent to the Log In page. Use your newly created account information and select the option "ROTC 4-Year Scholarship Application" radio button. This will direct you straight to the online scholarship application. Initial Application Deadline is 10 January of your Senior Year. Applications can be submitted as early as February of your Junior Year.
Army ROTC Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not financial need. Army ROTC scholarships consist of:
Living ExpensesArmy ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. You can earn certain amounts depending on your level in the Army ROTC curriculum:
- 1st year, $300 per month
- 2nd year, $350 per month
- 3rd year, $450 per month
- 4th year, $500 per month
For more details on the National High School Scholarship or to create your my GOARMY account, visit the website.