Mobile App Standards
Interested in creating a Vanderbilt mobile app? You've come to the right place. This centralized resource was set up in order to avoid duplication of resources, to ensure consistency of quality and user interface/experience and to be sure branding guidelines are followed. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Steps to creating a mobile app for Vanderbilt University and Medical Center
- Fill out online application.
- Meet with University / Medical Center Web team.
- Work with University / Medical Center Web team or approved vendor to develop app.
- Preview app with appropriate departments that may include risk management, legal, privacy.
- Submit iPhone apps through ITS*.
- Keep University / Medical Center Web team apprised of launch date.
* For iPhone development, Vanderbilt University has a developer license to cover all apps generated here. Contact ITS for specific information. iPhone apps must be submitted to Apple using the Vanderbilt University license. They are to be made available free of charge on the iTunes store and may not be sold.
All apps must meet the following criteria:
- Support institutional goals.
- Provide a unique function related to Vanderbilt.
- Should make life easier or more fun and provide a useful benefit to students, faculty, staff, patients and / or the community.
- If healthcare related, improve healthcare delivery.
- If patient directed, engage patients in their own health and wellbeing management.
- Where appropriate, apps should also include the ability to post comments or results that do not violate existing policies (e.g. HIPAA or the Acceptable Use Policy) to social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. This will help promote use of the app.
Tips for making a successful app
- Research what your intended user group would find useful before developing the app.
- Check to see if apps already exist that are similar to your idea.
- Keep app focused on a few features; less is often more.
- User interface must be intuitive and easy. Follow familiar conventions.
- Update the app every quarter based on user feedback.