Create Your User Profile
Visit the site at: anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu
- Click the “Sign In Now” button in the middle of the screen and log in using your VUnet ID and password
- From the Anchor Link homepage, click your name in the right corner of the black toolbar and then select “Settings.”
1. Complete Your Basic Profile Content
- Upload a profile picture
- Update the First Name field to your preferred first name. The First Name field is what will be displayed for you throughout Anchor Link.
- List a preferred e-mail address other than your @vanderbilt.edu e-mail (optional)
- Connect any desired Social Media Profile Links including your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn (optional). If you choose to connect any of your social media accounts, anywhere that your name is displayed in the system (ex. an Organization roster) (ex. an organization roster), a link to these social media accounts will be displayed.
Note: You do not need to complete the fields for Preferred First Name, Middle Name, Suffix, or Hometown nor complete any information under the “Demographics” section
2. Update Your Contact Information
Any contact information you list here has the option to be displayed when someone clicks on your name in Anchor Link. Under your Privacy Settings you have the option to hide any information you would not like to be viewable by other campus users.
Note: Any contact information you provide or edit here will only be used for purposes internal to Anchor Link. If you have changes to make to your home/permanent address, please contact the University Registrar.
3. Designate Your Interests
- Interests are used to provide you customized recommendations for Organizations and Events to get involved with. Your recommendations can be accessed by clicking your name in the top right corner, selecting “Involvement,” and clicking the “Interests” tab on that page.
- Go through the folders and select the Interests that appeal to you most. You can update your Interests at any time.
- You can view your recommendations under the Organizations or Events tab, accessible from the top black toolbar.
4. Set Your Privacy Settings
Community Directory Settings: Choose which pieces of contact information you would like to “Show” to other campus users when your name is displayed within Anchor Link (Ex. an organization roster)
Organization Roster Settings: You may choose to hide your membership or officer positions for any organization so that you will not be displayed on the organization’s public roster. The officers of any organization will still be able to view members who have elected to “Hide” their public membership.
5. Set Your Notification Settings
General E-mail Notifications
- It is strongly recommended that you keep your e-mail notifications set to “All Notifications”
- If you alter your e-mail notifications, you will still get messages sent to your Anchor Link inbox. However, you may miss important, time sensitive message by not having them sent to your e-mail
Text Message Notifications
- Providing your cell phone number and turning this feature “On” allows for organizations you are a part of within Anchor Link to send you text messages