The Honors Program in American Studies offers excelling students a more intensive concentration within their major field. The program requires:
- A 3.25 cumulative grade point average.
- A 3.5 cumulative grade point average in American Studies.
- 6 hours in the fall and spring semesters of the senior year in AMER 298/299 devoted to a major research project leading to an honors thesis.
- An honors thesis to be completed by the spring of the senior year.
- Successful completion of an oral examination focusing on the topic of the thesis.
Exceptional achievement on the thesis will earn high honors. Applications are accepted in March of the junior year. Additional information is available from Teresa Goddu, Director of American Studies.