Developing Your Networking Edge
Networking is an essential part of finding your career path. Leverage your global Vanderbilt network—more than 120,000 strong—to make personal connections and learn about your targeted industry.
These resources outlined below offer opportunities and tips to master your networking skills.
Students, your alumni connection starts now. The Vanderbilt Alumni Association aims to connect current students and alumni in meaningful, relevant ways. Whether you are beginning your Vanderbilt experience or wondering about life after graduation, we have programs designed to help you develop your career path.
- Search for alumni in specific geographic areas and industries with advanced and keyword searches, then request interviews
- Get alumni advice for internships, jobs and graduate school
- Attend Vanderbilt alumni chapter events in your hometown or a city that interests you
Get the most of your VUconnect searches:
Network. Connect. Get LinkedIn.
Watch this video for Insider Professional Advice from LinkedIn’s university leader to optimize your Vanderbilt networking connections.
The Vanderbilt Alumni Association has more than chapters in most major U.S. cities and several countries.
Make connections during breaks, over the summer, while you're interning or after graduation. Alumni love to talk with students, recent graduates and fellow alumni about their career interests. They are also great resources when it comes to learning more about their hometowns. Attend any Chapter event and start connecting!
Check out upcoming Chapter events on VUconnect.com or go to the main chapter webpage.
Remember, current students always welcome to attend all Chapter events.
Need some guidance on your career path? Our career experts are here to give you tips and offer advice on best practices and how to have a successful search!
Read what Adele Scheele, Career Moves coach and Huffington Post columnist has to say on the following topics:
- How to prepare for an interview .
- Etiquette rules for using LinkedIn
- Getting started with LinkedIn and how best to use it
All undergraduate students are encouraged to visit the Vanderbilt Career Center for great advice and information. Graduate and professional students should visit their school career centers.
- VU Career Center can assist undergraduate alumni up to 2 years after graduation
- Law School Career Services
- Owen Graduate School of Management Career Management Center
- School of Nursing Alumni Job listserve
- Vanderbilt Peabody Career Development