News and Announcements
Dear fellow Vanderbilt alumni,
Just over two years ago, we formed the Vanderbilt LGBTQI Alumni Group, with the encouragement and support of the Office of Alumni Relations. Our purpose in forming this group was threefold:
- To provide LGBTQI alums with another way of connecting with one another and the broader Vanderbilt community;
- To serve as a resource to current and recently-graduated LGBTQI students; and
- To serve as a resource to the university on LGBTQI -related issues that arise on campus from time to time. We are happy to report that the response from LGBT alums has been enthusiastic. We now have a solid core membership of undergraduate, graduate and professional school alumni, and we have held events at the K.C. Potter Center during each of the last three Reunion weekends.
As pleased as we are with the response, we know there are many more LGBTQI alumni out there, and we would love to grow our membership and involve more members in planning events and strategizing about what we can accomplish. It is easy to join the group and to volunteer for greater involvement. Check out our “Get Involved” section below for more ways to stay connected.
Many thanks for your time and attention to this. We hope to hear from many of you and see you at future events.
Alan Elsas, BA’95, New York
Eddie Lee, BA’91, New York
Wes Powell, BA’91, New York
Troy Underwood, BA’91, Los Angeles
LGBTQI Life Fund
The LGBTQI Life fund is used to support the programmatic efforts of the Center for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Life at Vanderbilt. The fund has been used in the past to bring dynamic and engaging speakers to the Vanderbilt campus to engage students in dialogue around issues of sexual orientation and gender identity, as well to host a LGBTQI student leader conference where students can practice the art of leadership and organizing on campus. Your gift will help promote visibility and acceptance at Vanderbilt. Past funds have helped propel the Engage and Out in Front Programs. Please give today.
- Volunteer! Are you interested in learning more about Vanderbilt alumni in your city or do you want to be a regional contact?
- Join our listserv to receive updates on current LGBTQI initiatives at Vanderbilt and hear about upcoming alumni events. To join email Bethany.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our Facebook group to network, share stories and get connected.
- Attend our Vanderbilt Reunion LGBTQI Reception. Check out the Reunion schedule each year for LGBTQI get-togethers and informational sessions.
- Find out what’s happening at Vanderbilt today by checking in with the Office of LGBTQI Life and The Vanderbilt Lambda Association.