Networking is an essential part of your career exploration, transition and development. Leverage your global Vanderbilt network – 120,000+ strong – to make personal connections and learn about your targeted industry.
These resources offer opportunities and tips to master your networking skills:
- Search for alumni in specific geographic areas and industries (use advanced and keyword searches!), then request informational interviews
- Post and explore job postings
- Find VU alumni chapter events to network with fellow alumni
Get the most of your VUconnect searches:
Networking in Alumni Chapter Cities
The Vanderbilt Alumni Association has 40+ chapters in most major U.S. cities and several countries.
Plug into the Vanderbilt Chapter in your area. Make connections in your city while you attend: networking breakfasts or happy hours, wine tastings, community service, VU game-watching parties and much more!
Note: Current students and parents are invited and welcomed to attend all Chapter events!
Straight Talk to Succeed: Expert Advice
- Vanderbilt alumna Susan D. Strayer (MBA’) offers personal brand and career coaching through her Exaqueo blog : and on HR Happy Hour
- Vanderbilt alumna and certified career coach, Hallie Crawford (BS’95), talks about
creating and finding your career path
- Quit planning your career change and start talking .