We are excited to announce the Vanderbilt Alumni Association is partnering with Christy Robb Career & Lifestyle and Lacy Nelson, MEd’89, of now2planB to provide individual career coaching for alumni at an exclusive Vanderbilt Alumni discounted rate.
Christy and Lacy offer diverse experiences. Please feel free to reach out to them individually to learn more!
Christy Robb of Christy Robb Career & Lifestyle has served as an assistant director and career coach for the Vanderbilt Career Center as well as a corporate recruiter for Tractor Supply Company. Following the successful launch of her coaching practice and over 10 years of experience in career development, she is now expanding her offerings to Vanderbilt alumni. For more information on Christy, please visit www.christyrobb.com.
Lacy Nelson, Med’89, of now2planB (MEd ’89) has over 20 years of career coaching, leadership development, and recruiting experience. For the past five years, Lacy has been among a small group of select leadership development coaches working with Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management in their Leadership Development Program. For more information on Lacy and for recommendations of her work, please check out her LinkedIn profile.
Christy or Lacy can provide one-on-one career coaching to alumni, focusing on their unique situations. Some of the services include, but are not limited to:
- Career management and development strategies
- Career transition strategies
- Job Search Strategies (resume review and development, cover letters, networking, social media job search strategies, interview and negotiation coaching)
- Personal and career branding
- Career Advancement and Leadership Development
Here’s how Career Coaching works:
- Email Christy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lacy (LNelson@now2planb.com) directly.
- Coordinate a time with Christy or Lacy to meet for coaching. Coaching can be done in person or via telephone.
- If in Nashville, meet at Vanderbilt for your session—parking is free and accessible! If you live outside of the Nashville area or simply prefer to connect remotely, you can arrange your coaching session via phone or online via Skype.
- Fees and billing arrangements are handled by you and your career coach.
Christy or Lacy can provide resume review via email to already completed resumes. For a deeper look into creating or reinventing your resume, please contact Christy or Lacy to inquire about resume packages.
- Email Christy directly at email@example.com or Lacy (LNelson@now2planb.com) to coordinate your timeline and resume needs. Please allow three business days for Christy or Lacy to review your resume.
- Fees and billing arrangements are handled by you and your Career Coach.
Optimal Resumé offers a free, on-demand suite of career tools
Career Assessments and Evaluation
Career Assessments are available through Lacy if appropriate:
- Email Lacy directly at LNelson@now2planb.com for more information.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Values Assessment