Vanderbilt Alumni Association
About the Alumni Association
The VAA staff is always available to assist you, take comments and answer questions. Visit our Contact Us page to find the person most suited to help you.
Stay connected with …
- VUconnect — Keep up-to-date with classmates and network with fellow alumni through Vanderbilt’s online community.
- Local chapters — Get involved in your local alumni chapter and get inspired to make a difference in your community.
- Alumni benefits — Enjoy your Vanderbilt connection while saving money, getting fit or continuing your education.
Vanderbilt Alumni Association mission statement
The Vanderbilt Alumni Association's mission is to engage alumni in the life of Vanderbilt University and its students, and to encourage lifelong connections among alumni and support of the university's goals.
To be invested in a Vanderbilt community that is connected to, enriched by and proud of its alumni.
- Commitment to service and giving back
- Intellectual engagement
The goal of the Vanderbilt Alumni Association's (VAA) strategic plan for 2010–2015 is to be invested in a Vanderbilt Community that is understanding, engaging, supportive of Vanderbilt's mission of education and service and creating lifelong, meaningful connections, while celebrating alumni. In collaboration with the Vanderbilt Alumni Association (VAA) Board, alumni volunteers, campus partners, and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR), the VAA is committed to ensuring its place among the nation's model alumni associations.
The VAA is confident that this strategic plan will only strengthen the ties between Vanderbilt's more than 120,000 alumni, keeping them in touch with each other and with Vanderbilt. It is also our aim to be creative and innovative in offering ways for alumni to meaningfully bond with each other.
- Provide meaningful, lifelong opportunities for alumni to engage and connect to Vanderbilt
- Align alumni volunteer leadership and central Alumni Relations staff with shared purpose and strategic focus
- Foster student relationships that build lifelong commitment to the university and an identity as a Vanderbilt alumna/us
- Become a key, strategic partner with campus schools and departments through improved collaboration across the university to ensure the success of Vanderbilt
- Provide strategic support to the university