Home » Resources » Women’s Organizations
- National Organization for Women (NOW), Nashville chapter: (615) 269-7141.
- Nashville CABLE is a diverse networking organization of women for women, emphasizing positive change for women both personally and professionally.
- Magdalene/Thistle Farms is a non-profit business operated by the women of Magdalene. By hand, the women create natural bath and body products that are as kind to the environment as they are to the body. All sales proceeds go back into the program. Through Thistle farms, the women of Magdalene gain much needed job skills and learn responsibility and cooperation.
- Women’s Economic Foundation of Tennessee assesses the state’s economic climate for women, and advocates solutions to address women’s needs around economic empowerment.
- League of Women Voters of Nashville is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- Nashville Women’s Political Caucus, founded in 1973, NWPC works to strengthen the position of women in all aspects of political life from elected and appointed officials to voters.
- The Junior League of Nashville is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The Junior League of Nashville reaches out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to volunteerism.
- Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee provides programming for girls in order to enhance leadership abilities.
- American Association of University Women is a national organization that promotes education and equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. It is a nationwide network of members and donors and college and university partners. Through its research, AAUW examines educational, social, economic, and political public policy and offers community programs, leadership development, convention and conferences to its members as a way of advancing equity.
- The Institute for Women’s Policy Research is an independent, non-profit research organization that conducts research on issues of poverty and welfare, employment and earnings, work and family issues, health and safety and women’s civic and political participation. IWPR makes its finding available for policymakers and public interest groups across the country in order to advance equity for women.
- Women’s Research & Education Institute is an independent non-profit organization that works to identify issues affecting women in their roles in the family, workplace and public arena and to inform and help shape the public policy debate on these issues. They offer paid Congressional fellowships for graduate students interested in public policy and women’s issues.
- Independent Women’s Forum is a conservative research and educational organization. Its stated mission includes building support for a greater respect for limited government, equality under the law, property rights, free markets, strong families, and a powerful and effective national defense and foreign policy.