About the Series
VanDIY (do-it-yourself) is a monthly workshop series presented by the Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center. The series aims to offer a variety of personal and professional skills-building workshops ranging in topic from personal health and wellness, building trust in relationships, and learning to coupon effectively, to bicycle maintenance, and budgeting. Each workshop is designed to equip participants with concrete practical skills that can be implemented immediately.
VanDIY is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, staff, faculty, and community members. Each session meets from 12pm – 1pm, and lunch is provided for the first 50 attendees who RSVP online, making it the perfect opportunity to build up your skills on your lunch break!
The spring 2012 semester will feature workshops on couponing, bicycle maintenance, meal planning and more. Look for more information on the Women’s Center calendar and RSVP below! If you have a suggestion for a topic you would like to engage, please contact Program Coordinator Bridget Copes at email@example.com.
Past Events and Speakers
- Budgeting with Joyce Peacock, Peacock Financial
- Conflict Management with Pam Brown, Vanderbilt HR
- Defining Personal Wellness with Blaire Morriss, Vandy Center for Integrative Health
- Doing Yoga at Home with Anna Guest-Jelley
- Festive and Frugal with Terrie Barrow
- Gardening with Gardens of Babylon
- Goal Setting with Tisha Morriss
- Going Green with Vandy Moms
- Green Your Life with Jennifer Casale, Green Wagon
- Investing with Jana Lisle, UBS Financial Services
- Public Speaking with Deanna Rhodes, SpeakerBoost
- Taxes with Gail Childress, Independent Accountant
- Time Management with Cindy Sullivan, CB Sullivan Consulting
- Understanding Medicare Coverage with Mark Singer and Sherry Stevens
- What to Do When a Friend or Loved One Has Cancer with Felice Apolinsky, Gilda’s Club
- Whole-Foods Cooking with Deanna Dillon, Dayani Center