About the Series
VanDIY (do-it-yourself) is a monthly workshop series presented by the Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center. The series aims to offer a variety of personal and professional skills-building workshops ranging in topic from personal health and wellness, building trust in relationships, and learning to coupon effectively, to bicycle maintenance, and budgeting. Each workshop is designed to equip participants with concrete practical skills that can be implemented immediately.
VanDIY is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, staff, faculty, and community members. Each session meets from 12pm – 1pm, and lunch is provided for the first 50 attendees who RSVP online, making it the perfect opportunity to build up your skills on your lunch break!
If you have a suggestion for a topic you would like to engage, please contact the Women’s Center.
Spring 2015 Workshops
Tuesday, February 13th: Composting with Jeremy Lekich from Compost Nashville in SLC Lower Meeting Rooms 1&2
Friday, February 13th: How to Effectively Support Nonprofit Organizations with Dr. Corbette Doyle in Sarratt 189
Tuesday, March 17th: Stress Management with the Vanderbilt Psychological and Counseling Center in SLC Lower Meeting Rooms 1&2
Workshops are free and open to any member of the Vanderbilt community. Only the first 50 people who register can be accommodated.
All workshops take place from 12 PM-1 PM.
Past Events and Speakers
- Budgeting with Joyce Peacock, Peacock Financial
- Conflict Management with Pam Brown, Vanderbilt HR
- Defining Personal Wellness with Blaire Morriss, Vandy Center for Integrative Health
- Doing Yoga at Home with Anna Guest-Jelley
- Festive and Frugal with Terrie Barrow
- Gardening with Gardens of Babylon
- Goal Setting with Tisha Morriss
- Going Green with Vandy Moms
- Green Your Life with Jennifer Casale, Green Wagon
- Investing with Jana Lisle, UBS Financial Services
- Public Speaking with Deanna Rhodes, SpeakerBoost
- Taxes with Gail Childress, Independent Accountant
- Time Management with Cindy Sullivan, CB Sullivan Consulting
- Understanding Medicare Coverage with Mark Singer and Sherry Stevens
- What to Do When a Friend or Loved One Has Cancer with Felice Apolinsky, Gilda’s Club
- Whole-Foods Cooking with Deanna Dillon, Dayani Center