Students with Children Initiative
The Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center supports students with children by connecting them with relevant social, academic and childcare resources during their time at Vanderbilt. In addition, the Women’s Center leads initiatives on behalf of students with children across the university and works to ensure the needs of each student-parent are met.
Through our office, we hope to help make Vanderbilt University a great place for you and your family. Please feel free to peruse this site but also stop by and visit us at the Women’s Center. We are happy to help you and your family acclimate to both the Vanderbilt and Nashville community.
Please visit our list of general resources for parents for information that may be helpful, and see the student-specific resources below. To make an appointment contact Bridget Copes or call the Women’s Center at (615) 322-4843.
- Healthcare Resources for Parenting Students
- Vanderbilt parental leave policies for faculty, staff, and students
- List of Breastfeeding Welcoming Spaces at Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt Child and Family Center, and their recommended list of alternate childcare facilities in the area
- Pregnant and Parenting Student’s Rights : FAQ for College and Graduate Students
- Vanderbilt Office of Student Financial Aid can help parenting students with financial concerns; for assistance, make an appointment with your Financial Aid Advisor or contact Sammie Huffmon.
- Vanderbilt Office of Housing and Residential Education provides information about on- and off-campus living arrangements. Visit the website for more information.
- Vanderbilt Office of International Student and Scholar Services handles the unique needs of international families.
- Vanderbilt’s Psychological and Counseling Center offers individual and group services that may be of interest to students balancing school, career, and family responsibilities. The PCC can be reached at 615.322.2571.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Students with Children FAQ for SWC