The VZNIGHT Program is accepting applicants to begin in Spring and Summer 2015. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 6, 2015. Interested candidates should fill out the application materials below.
Feel free to contact Catherine Carothers, MPH, at email@example.com for any additional questions.
- Essay Questions: Applicants are asked to describe their prior research experience, experience working in resource-limited settings, and career goals and plans. Applicants must download, complete and upload this document to the online application.
- Most Recent Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript. Pre-doctoral applicants must provide a copy of their most recent transcript. Copies of transcripts are acceptable. Postdoctoral applicants do not need to include a transcript.
- Two Letters of Support.At least two letters of support are required for this application. One letter should be from applicant’s current or most recent immediate work supervisor and one from the applicant’s current or most recent academic mentor. Letters should be signed and on official letterhead. They can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Catherine Carothers, Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health, 2525 West End Ave, Suite 750, Nashville, TN 37203.
- A BS, MS, or PhD degree in Engineering; or
- A research doctoral degree in Basic and/or Health Sciences; or
- A Medical doctoral degree (MD, MBChB, or equivalent; advanced training such as MMed preferred)
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, OR citizens of Zambia. Citizens of Zimbabwe can also be considered on a case-by-case basis.