Head Resident Information
Each Head Resident (HR) is a graduate or undergraduate student, under the direction and supervision of an Area Coordinator (AC). The HR is responsible for assisting the AC with administrative duties regarding the daily operations of their residence hall. HRs work to fulfill the mission of the department by managing and supporting their Resident Advisers (RAs) to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment conducive for living and learning.
Roles of a Head Resident
In order to successfully create an environment where the mission of the department can be achieved, a Head Resident takes on the following roles:
- Role Model
- An embodiment of the Community Creed
Applicants must have:
- Have at least 2 semesters of college or university residential living experience
- Have at least 1 year experience as an RA or currently an RA
- Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Be available for a full academic year (fall and spring semesters), unless otherwise agreed upon with the Senior Director of Residential Education
- Be a student in good standing at Vanderbilt University
Terms of Employment
Students are limited to working twenty hours per week, according to student employment guidelines. As a Head Resident you are employed for twenty hours per week, which means additional employment is not permitted.
- Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday January 11th, 2013
- Schedule an interview