Home » Housing » Our Residence Halls » The Commons » West House
|Located on The Ingram Commons, West House provides modern features in a classic structure. The building was completely renovated in 1986 and received new finishes and furnishing in the summers of 2005 and 2006. West houses approximately 112 first-year men and women on separate floors, mostly in traditional double rooms. A resident adviser lives on each floor.
The Faculty Head of House lives in an apartment on the first floor. Also located on the first floor is a large laundry, two seminar rooms, music practice rooms, a study area, and a full-sized kitchen for the House.
West House was built in 1922.
West House @ The Martha River Ingram Commons
Commodore Card access to building
Free University cable television service
Free University telephone service (local calls only, resident must supply own telephone instrument)
Wireless campus network throughout building
Common kitchen facility with oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator/freezer
Custodial service in common area baths and corridors
Gas fireplace in lobby
|Loftable bed for each resident
Desk for each resident
Desk chair for each resident
Chest (with lockable drawer) for each resident
Closet for each resident
Towel bar for each resident
||Telephone connection for each resident
Data port for each resident
Waste can for each room
Recycling bin for each room