Located on the central campus and adjacent to Alumni Lawn, Barnard Hall and Vanderbilt Hall offer easy access to classrooms and dining. The two buildings are connected at the first and second floors. Each houses 122 upperclass women and men in single and double rooms.
Residents live on the second, third and fourth floors, with one Resident Adviser/Head Resident living on each floor. Staff professionals in the office of Residential Education live in apartments on the second floors of Barnard Hall and Vanderbilt Hall.
Built in 1952, Barnard and Vanderbilt Halls are the last campus buildings of collegiate gothic design. Both have been completely renovated.
Barnard Hall is named for Edward E. Barnard, a VU astronomer, known in the 1880′s as the ranking authority on the Milky Way.
Vanderbilt Hall is named for Frederick Vanderbilt, the Commodore’s grandson, who left a large part of his estate to the University.
|Amenities include:||Furnishings include:|