Home » Housing » Housing Policies » The Residential Requirement for All Undergraduates » Memorial House
Located on The Ingram Commons, Memorial House provides modern features in a classic structure. Memorial House was modernized and renovated in 1987 and then again in the summers of 2006 and 2007. The building houses approximately 80 first-year men and women on separate floors, mostly in traditional double rooms.
On the first floor are two seminar rooms, a study lounge, music practice rooms, and a vending area. Students live on floors 2-5. On the second floor is the apartment for the Faculty Head of House, a study lounge, a common kitchen, and seven student rooms. The third floor includes two study lounges, student rooms, and two common bathrooms with showers. Floors 5 and 6 each have 16 student rooms and two common bathrooms with showers.
Memorial House was built in 1935.
Commodore Card access to building
Free University cable television service
Study Lounge with gas fire place
Common kitchen facility with oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator/freezer
Custodial service in common area baths and corridors
Wood burning fireplace in lobby
Two seminar rooms
Two music practice rooms, one with piano
|Loftable bed for each resident
Desk for each resident
Desk Chair for each resident
Chest (with lockable drawer) for each resident
Waste can for each room
|Recycle bin for each room
Closet for each resident
Mirror for each room