Summer Conference Coordinator
The Conference Coordinator (“CC”) is an integral part of the Office of Conferences’ staff. The CC, under the direction of the Director of Conferences, is responsible for the daily success of the conference program. The CC responds to the needs of the visiting conference guest and event groups. The CC is involved in every aspect of the conference program – from general program preparation to specific program requirements and/or needs.
Salary & Benefits
On campus housing will be provided. 12 meals will be provided per week when dining is open. Beginning salary is $7.25 per hour for a 40-hour work week.
CC’s may not hold another summer job. However, the possibility of taking one summer school class or studying for a graduate school admissions exam (including GRE, GMAT, MCAT or LSAT) may be possible. Please let us know of your interest at your interview. All CC are required to have background checks completed from Vanderbilt HR before May 1, 2014.
Job Description & Responsibilities
1. To attend any/all workshops, seminars and/or training sessions as required by the Director of Conferences; Attend all weekly staff meetings every Monday and Friday at 9am. Communicate daily with the Director of Conferences, Assistant Director and Administrative Assistant regarding the status of the group(s) currently on campus and continue planning for future groups;
2. Direct and/or assist general preparation for assigned groups, including meeting facility preparation (set-up, A/V equipment, etc.), residence hall room inspections, daily inspection of assigned areas and reporting any and all maintenance needs, preparation of conference key packets, regular inventory of keys, key cabinets and access cards, linens, furniture, and other conference materials.
3. Prepare and submit requested/required check-list reports, nightly duty logs in a timely and professional manner; Be available and act as a resource person to all conference event participants, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
4. Perform a wide variety of housekeeping as needed including, but not limited to, distributing linens and towels, making beds, collecting soiled linen, wet towels, exchange soiled towels, collecting trash. Performing room to room building inspections and locking all residence hall rooms prior to a group’s arrival. Inspecting all rooms looking for lost and found items after a group’s departure. Entering all lost items in the ‘Lost & Found’ log, bagging & tagging of lost items and storing them in Stapleton storage. Some tasks involve manual labor which may require lifting, walking and/or climbing stairs.
5. Perform registration (check-in/out) duties as required. Meet with you assigned groups during their designated meals times to help groups assimilate to campus dining. Present a positive image of Vanderbilt University through a professional appearance, a pleasant and helpful disposition, a positive attitude and quick and responsive action. Wear a clean and pressed conference staff polo shirt, brass name tag and carry a two-radio.
6. Assist in acquainting group coordinators with Vanderbilt University’s Guidelines and Policies, Policy Statement, Emergency Procedures and Campus/Facility Layout.
7. Each CC will be responsible for the security, and upkeep of two residence halls. CC’s are responsible for weekly key inventories, and the ordering of lost keys/access cards. Locking of all rooms when the buildings are not in use. Inventory and report all conference/event related damages, report excessive custodial concerns for each group to the Administrative Assistant.
8. Perform main office duty as assigned, rotating reception desk duty at the Branscomb reception desk as well at the Lewis reception desk, execute after-hours duty shifts and answer the duty phone on a rotating basis, including a 24 hour weekend duty as scheduled. Carry a two-way radio from 8am-5pm daily and on busy weekends and evenings.
9. As a required live-in staff person, the CC is expected to be available, accessible in person, by two way radio or by telephone (within reason) for questions or concerns and to respond to emergencies. Meet daily with the group coordinator(s) concerning any needs or concerns as related to their group(s).
10. Assist with the daily operation of the Office of Conferences as needed and with other duties as assigned by the Director, Assistant Director, and Office Manager.
Apply to be a Summer Conference Coordinator
We will be accepting applications for the Summer Conference Coordinator position from January 13, 2014 to February 19, 2014. If you wish to apply for the position please click on the link below and fill out an applicant profile and submit your application through eRezlife before the deadline.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Linda Welch, Director for Conferences, at 615.322.0693 or via email at email@example.com. All references should be submitted and completed by February 14, 2014.