Dear Vanderbilt Student,
Thank you for your interest in a student staff member position with the Office of Housing & Residential Education. Please take a few moments to browse the site and familiarize yourself with our available positions. They are ideal for any student who is seeking an opportunity to be more engaged on campus, support the academic mission of the University, collaborate with faculty, and give back to the University.
We believe our Resident Adviser, Head Resident, and Front Desk Assistant positions offer more than just a paycheck. They offer valuable outside-the-classroom learning opportunities and enable students to:
- Develop leadership and enhance one’s communication skills
- Contribute to an environment that supports students’ academic and personal development
- Manage critical incidents and administrative tasks
- Interact with diverse groups of individuals in a professional context
- Improve the experience of fellow students through the delivery of excellent customer service
- Make friends that will last a lifetime!
Today’s employers want graduates who possess prior work experience, multicultural competence, administrative skills, and an orientation toward teamwork. Each of our student staff positions will provide you with real-life, tangible work experiences that will allow you to contribute to the Vanderbilt community while you are here, but also help you compete in the job search after graduation.
If you are interested in joining the OHARE team, we encourage you to submit an application!