Home > Timeline
December 31, 2013 – February 15, 2014
- Open call for submissions. Candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a book prospectus email@example.com (candidates may also send this information by hard copy). Based on the preliminary submissions, the Executive Director will invite candidates to submit full manuscripts to the competition.
April 1, 2014
- Candidates are notified if they are invited to submit a full manuscript.
May 1, 2014
- Manuscript submissions. Deadline for receipt of paper copies. Notified candidates must submit three (3) bound paper copies of their manuscript for peer review. Full contact information should be provided along with the three (3) bound paper manuscript copies.
May 2, 2014 – September 1, 2014
- Round 1: Manuscript evaluations. Each manuscript is mailed to two members of the Board of Readers who have expertise in the given field of the manuscript.
- Based on recommendations from the two readers, the Executive Director will select the manuscripts that will be sent to the Executive-Advisory Boards.
September 2, 2014 – March 1, 2015
- Round 2: Members of the Executive-Advisory Boards evaluate manuscript “short list” and make recommendations to the director for the prize.
March 2, 2015 – April 30, 2015
- Executive Director reviews the recommendations from the Executive Boards and selects two winners.
May 1, 2015
- Winners of the Anna Julia Cooper Prize in the Humanities and the Ida Wells Prize in the Social Sciences announced.
- Projected date of second biennial fall symposium is to include a late Thursday afternoon welcome with evening film showings, Friday panel discussions with evening film showings, and Saturday panel discussions and a closing banquet on Saturday evening.