1. Which of the following can be used to charge a metal rod that is held in your hand? Rub it witha. fur.
2. We are led to believe that there were two kinds of charge because we are able toa. isolate them in separate containers.
3. Which of the following objects are attracted by a positively charged object?a. only positively charged objects
4. Which of the following sets of hypothetical observations about an object would demonstrate the existence of a third kind of electric charge?a. It repels positive and attracts negative charges.
5. Two identical electroscopes, one initially charged and the other initially neutral, are connected by a thin rod. If both electroscopes are now charged, you can conclude that--> a. the rod is a conductor.
6. Two parallel plates have equal but opposite charges. The electric force on a negative charge placed near the center of the plates is--> a. perpendicular to the plates and points toward the positive one.
7. Two charged objects are very, very far from any other charges. If the distance between them is doubled, the electric force between thema. doubles.
8. Two charged objects are very, very far from any other charges. If the charge on one of them is doubled while the other is cut in half, the electric force between thema. doubles.
9. Even though electric forces are very much stronger than gravitational forces, gravitational forces determine the motions in the solar system becausea. electric forces have a longer range than gravitational ones.
10. Which of the following statements about the electric and gravitational forces is wrong?a. Gravitational mass is proportional to mass, but electric
11. The force that holds atoms together isa. magnetic.
12. The electric field around an isolated negative chargea. points outward.
13. The numerical value of the electric potential energy at each point in space is defined to be thea. work required to bring a charged object from the zero point.
14. Points A and B each have an electric potential of +12 V. How much work would be required to take 4 C of positive charge from A to B?--> a. zero