- Ph.D. Yale University, 1992
- M.Phil. Yale University, 1987
- M.S. Yale University, 1987
- B. A. with highest honors (physics and mathematics) University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 1984
FIELDS OF INTEREST:
- Experimental Nuclear Physics
- Relativistic Heavy Ion Reactions
- 8/08-Present : Executive Dean, College of Arts & Science, Vanderbilt University
- 9/06-Present : Professor of Physics, Vanderbilt University
- 9/00 - 8/06 : Associate Professor of Physics, Vanderbilt University
- 9/94 - 8/00 : Assistant Professor of Physics, Vanderbilt University
- 12/91- 8/94 : Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Colorado at Boulder.
HONORS and AWARDS:
- 2003 Vanderbilt Affirmative Action Award.
- 1993 SSC National Fellowship.
- 1989 NATO Travel Fellowship.
- 1984 Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Local Organizing Committee, Quark Matter '09 Conference.
- Convenor, PHENIX Hadron Physics Working Group (2006 - present).
- Chair, Organizing Committee, American Physical Society DNP Annual Meeting 2006.
- Member, PHENIX Executive Committee (2004 - 2006).
- Chair, Internal Review Committee, PHENIX Physics White Paper (2004).
- Chair, RHIC/AGS Users Executive Committee (2003 - 2004).
- SESAPS Executive Committee (2004 - 2007).
- American Physical Society DNP Nomination Committee (2002 - 2004).
- RSVP Laboratory Oversight Committee (BNL, 2001 - 2005).
- American Physical Society DNP Program Committee (2000 - 2002; 2005 - 2006).
- National Science Foundation Committee of Visitors (2000).
- PHENIX Detector Council Member (1996 - present).