- B.Sc. - Ohio State University, 1955
- Ph.D. - University of California/Berkeley, 1960
- M.S. - Vanderbilt University, 1980 (Psychology)
FIELDS OF INTEREST:
- The Physics of Atomic and Molecular Processes at Surfaces
- Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Electron Spectroscopy
- Atomic Spectroscopy via Heavy Ion Excitation
- Nuclear Spectroscopy
- Free Electron Laser Applications.
- 1974-Present : Professor of Physics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- 1961-64 : Assistant Professor of Physics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- 1966-67 : Sabbatical Leave: Univ. of Uppsala, Sweden
- 1964-72 : Associate Professor of Physics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- 1972-73 : Professor of Physics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Spring, 1974 : Sabbatical Leave: Univ. of Uppsala, Sweden
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Physical Society
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- New York Academy of Science
- Sigma Xi
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Lambda Upsilon
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
- "The Desorption of Excited Atoms by Photon bombardment of Alkali Halide
Crystals," D. Liu, R. G. Albridge, A. V. Barnes, P. H. Bunton,
C. S. Ewig, N. H. Tolk and M. Szymonski, Surface Sci. Lett.
281, L353-L357 (Feb. 1993).
- "Hydrogen Exposure-Enhanced CN* Emission from Alkali-Halide Surfaces",
Jun Xu, Larry Hudson, Royal Albridge, Alan Barnes and Norman Tolk,
Surface Science Letts. 289, L622-L624 (1993).
- "Free-Electron Laser Studies of Direct and Indirect Two-Photon
Absorption in Germanium", E. Tuncel, J. L. Staehli, C. Coluzza,
F. Gozzo, G. Margaritondo, D. Martin, J. T. McKinley, R. G. Albridge,
A. V. Barnes, A. Ueda, X. Yang, and N. H. Tolk, Phys.
Rev. Lett. 70, 4146-4149 (1993).
- "Free-Electron Laser Spectroscopy of Semiconductors at Interfaces,"
J. T. McKinley, R. G. Albridge, A. V. Barnes, G. C. Chen,
J. L. Davidson, M. L. Languell, P. L. Polavarapu, J. F. Smith,
X. Yang, A. Ueda, N. tolk, C. Coluzza, P. A. Baudat, C. Dupuy, F. Gozzo,
M. Illegems, D. Martin, F. Morier-Genoud, A. Rudra, E. Tuncel,
G. Margaritondo, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A12, 2323-2326 (1994).
- "Cathodoluminescence and Photoluminescence from Chemical-Vapor-Deposited
Diamond," X. Yang, A. V. Barnes, M. M. Albert, R. G. Albridge,
J. T. McKinley, N. H. Tolk, J. L. Davidson, J. Appl. Phys.
77, (3) (Feb. 1995)